A life group is a small group of believers that typically meets in a home for the purpose of discipleship and strengthening the body of Christ. This type of activity was normal at the birth of the church in the first century (see Acts 2:42) Life groups not only promote spiritual growth, they cultivate new friendships that will last for eternity! To find the right life group, please contact our family life pastors – Carlos and Patricia Huizar.
GROUP STUDY QUESTIONS (optional):
for the week of MARCH 26TH
- TEXT: 1 Matthew 13:53-58, Hebrews 3:16-4:2
- What two spiritual gifts are the people recognizing in Jesus?
- Why are the people offended at Jesus?
- Why wasn’t there an atmosphere of faith in the home town of Jesus?
- The passage in Hebrews tells us there’s a link between faith and __________?
for the week of MARCH 19TH
- TEXT: 1 Corinthians 14:1-5, 22-25, Romans 1:11-12
- What is the purpose of prophecy?
- What are the different ways God communicates to the prophetic person?
- What is the most common ways the Holy Spirit gives spiritual gifts to believers.
- Explain the difference between the office of a prophet and the gift of prophecy.
- BONUS: Can an unbeliever have a spiritual gift (i.e. prophecy)?
for the week of MARCH 12TH
- TEXT: 1 Corinthians 14:1-5
- What is the definition of prophecy?
- Some believers use the term “prophetic gifts.” What does that mean?
- Break down verse 5. What is the apostle Paul trying to tell us?
- How has prophetic ministry impacted you
- Why do you think prophetic ministry has such a bad rap with some believers?
for the week of MARCH 5TH
- TEXT: Nehemiah (esp. Chap. 1 & 5)
- What are some of the themes/ideas going on in Nehemiah’s prayer in Chap. 1?
- What do you think the purpose is of having God’s favor on your life?
- Name some side benefits of stepping out in obedience to God’s plan?
- What are some areas in your life or sphere of influence that you are building or rebuilding?
- What was the ultimate purpose of rebuilding the walls of Jerusalem?
for the week of FEBRUARY 26TH
- TEXT: Joshua 3:1-17
- Israel had crossed through water “on dry ground” before. What was different this time around?
- Was it easier or harder to cross this time?
- Do you feel like you’re living in uncharted territory?
- What does the word consecrate mean to you?
- What is one practical example of how you are consecrating yourself during this season?
for the week of FEBRUARY 19TH
- TEXT: Judges 1:1-36
- What had the Lord commanded the Israelites to do as recorded in Numbers 33:52?
- Why was Israel initially defeated when they attacked Ai? (see Joshua 7)?
- Who were the people that Caleb drove out from his promised land?
- Why do you think the rest of Israel was not able to drive out all their enemies? (see Josh. 23:9)?
- What are some of your enemies that stand in the way of God’s blessings and promises?
for the week of FEBRUARY 12TH
- TEXT: Mark 2:1-5
- What are some of the reasons why we don’t tell people about Jesus?
- How can we better position ourselves in our community so that we have a voice to share Christ?
- Describe an event in your life when your faith looked “stupid” to the world?
- What is one area in your prayer life that God is stirring you to be more tenacious?